The new Level 3 Award in the First Person on Scene (Intermediate) is an up to date qualification underpinned by current practice.
It provides learners with the knowledge and life savings skills to assess, manage and treat a patient in a trauma and/or medical emergency and to stabilise the patient for up to forty minutes before the ambulance or pre-hospital care providers arrive.
The qualification is regulated by the government department Ofqual and is clinically endorsed by the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh, Faculty of Pre-Hospital (FPHC) Care and meets the Level 3 FPHC Pre-Hospital Emergency Medicine Skills Framework. It is further approved by the Association of First Aiders.
On completion of the qualification, the learner will be eligible to apply to the Faculty of Pre Hospital Care for Level 3 membership.
Progression will be available up to a level 4 diploma (in development).
This course is for:
- Community first responders
- Co responder e.g. police, fire and other emergency services
- First aid trainers
- Close protection
- Event medical industry
- Voluntary sector
- Cabin crew
- Level: 3 Award
- Total Qualification Time: 30 hrs
- Type: Regulated RQF
- Assessment: Observation and Multi Choice Questions
- Endorsed by: The Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care, Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
- Approved by: Association of First Aiders
- Regulated by: Ofqual
- Credits: 3
- Certificate Validity: 3 years
- Scene safety
- Scene management including triage
- Patient assessment
- The principles of manual handling
- The management of catastrophic bleeding
- Basic and intermediate airway management skills (including adjuncts)
- Respiratory assessment
- Management of breathing difficulties (including the use of oxygen)
- Basic and Intermediate life support including AED
- Management of haemorrhages and shock
- Recognition and management of a range of medical emergencies
- Recognition and management of a range of trauma emergencies
- The recognition features of sepsis
- Assisting the health care professional
- Paediatric life support
For more information or to book a course please contact us.